Presentation Bootcamp: Hands-On Presentation Delivery Skills
What makes a confident and credible presentation? Facilitator, Writer, Relayer, Timekeeper (5min)
- Start with a killer opener
- Command with your body
- Convince with your voice
- Overcome your presentation fears
- Appear confident and credible
Get them to trust you
Get them to believe you
Get them to listen to you
can everybody hear me?
I'll take for about forty-five minutes or so.
I know you're all very busy.
I'm very glad to be here.
I'm a graphic designer.
All right, I just want to start with a little story...
Hey, so first and foremost, I really want to, um, thank everybody.
Probably the first thing I should tell you is...
You guys are awesome.
Uh, all right, before I get started...
So, I have been up here a few times today, although I have not properly introduced myself.
All right, let's get start.
5 Steps to a killer opener
1. Introduce yourself
2. Give your credentials
3. Give the hook (The golden circle WHY HOW WHAT, HAPPINESS SUCCESS FREEDOM fulfillment)
4. Introduce the circle of knowledge (QUESTION + AGREEMENT)
5. Summarize your takeaways (Write down HOW TO, I'm going to show you x strategies to help you ***)
Circle of Knowledge
1. Ask a question (Positive Questions)
2. Request agreement (group agreement)
3. Share the agreement
Learner style: Step; Top; Research; Create; (AGREEMENT needs)
I'm going to show you 10 strategies that can help you to deliver a competent presentation.
- Less than 8 words
- Start with action words
- no term or jargon (avoid curse of knowledge)
- start with a killer opener
- command with your body
- convince with your voice
- overcome your presentation fear
- appear confident and credible